Advisory Services: For-profit advisory and consulting firms offering a vast range of services to companies focused in the identity space.
Consumer Data Aggregator/ Credit Bureau: Companies who capture, process, publish consumer data in a summary form, for purposes such as statistical analysis. This includes only traditional consumer data aggregators.
Master Data Management: Enterprise data management platforms which provide a variety of data services. These services include: IT architectural designs, analyzing large data sets, operating effectiveness, and/or how to capitalize on new or existing opportunities.
Document & Signature Verification: Product or service offering consumers the ability to securely sign documents with a digital signature and validate the authenticity of the received digital signature. Many products and services in this space conform to the EU standards / regulations on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market (eIDAS).
- Document Verification: Companies focused on providing verification of authenticity for government-issue documents.
- eSignatures: Companies focused on providing mechanisms to create and store eSignatures; these companies are compliant with existing regulations.
Fintech: Companies are focused on utilizing new and scalable technologies to disrupt the financial services industry.
- Open Banking: Companies focused on helping financial services customers securely share their financial data with other financial institutions by relying on networks instead of centralization.
- Financial Inclusion & Alternative Credit: Financial solutions designed to provide financial services to emerging markets using alternative methods and solutions.
- Financial Services & Payments: Companies focused on allowing both private individuals and businesses to accept and / or process payments over the internet.
- Insurtech: Companies focused on transforming the insurance industry with new technology to improve customer experience, many times by leveraging customer data to improve their insurance coverage and make more accurate predictions about risk.
Identity & Access Management (IAM): Companies offering consumers the ability to access multiple, disparate platforms from a single point of authentication.
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS): Third party providers of cloud based identity governance and administration.
- Traditional IAM: Companies focused on ensuring that the proper people in an organization have the appropriate access to technology resources by regulating access to systems or networks based on the roles of individual users within the enterprise.
- Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM): In addition to IAM capabilities, these companies have the ability to capture and analyze real-time consumer information.
- Authentication: Companies using a range of products focused on the authentication step of the identity lifecycle.
- Physical Identity & Access Management: Companies focused on creating technologies to improve the effectiveness of access request and approval process as it pertains to identity.
Identity of Things: These companies assign and manage the identities of things in order to be managed and connected with other things, people, and / or companies over the internet. Companies in this space are also creating platforms and solutions to help expand IoT ecosystems.
- Supply Chain Management: Companies which have developed IDoT ecosystems to increase the efficiencies of their supply chain processes.
- Smart Cities: Companies focused on leveraging IoT devices to help improve the efficiency of resource management in urban areas.
Advertising & Marketing: Companies focused on using identity-related technologies to enhance the effectiveness, precision, and efficiency of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Adtech: Companies focused on using digital identities via technology and analytics to improve advertising campaigns.
- Martech: Companies focused on identity resolution to increase the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
Regtech: This category is focused on companies creating new technologies to enable more secure processes in managing identity information and to ensure greater regulatory compliance in the identity space.
- KYC/IDV: Companies focused on transforming high-cost and high-touch processes into customer friendly, fast, and accurate, automated regimes. These companies combine disparate data sources, both traditional and non-traditional, to verify customer identities with confidence.
- Background Check: Companies focused on identifying, reviewing, and reporting on individual background information, both from private and public sources.
- AML Compliance: Companies who have developed solutions with specific competencies in meeting AML regulations.
- Healthcare: These companies have developed industry specific identity solutions to improve efficiencies of everyday process due to strict and specific regulations of the healthcare industry around the use / transfer of patient identity information (e.g., HIPAA).
- Fraud Prevention & Risk Management: Companies who provide products and / or services in order to protect individuals and / or companies against risk, reputational damage, and fraudulent activities.
Self – Sovereign Identity: Services offering consumers the ability to create and manage an identity, and the attached identity attributes, without independent control of, or access to, the identity attributes by a centralized authority (government or otherwise).
Public Security / Travel: Companies focused on technologies and regional infrastructures to make travel easy for authorized travelers.
Click here to see the companies in the Platforms & Enablers segment