Monday marks the first day of the inaugural K(NO)W Identity Conference, and we’re kicking things off in a big way, featuring an exclusive live interview with whistleblower and former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, followed by 17 panels featuring some of the brightest minds and biggest names in the identity industry.
Snowden will speak with journalist Manoush Zomorodi, host and managing editor of Note to Self, in a live stream from Russia. The talk will be broadcast exclusively to attendees of the K(NO)W Identity Conference in the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center’s Atrium Hall, beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern.
Things won’t stop there, however, with a 17 more more expert-filled panels and insightful talks scheduled to take place on the opening day. Highlights will include talks on big data, investing, verification, identity ownership, privacy, and much more.
To close things out, former head of the Israeli “Shin Bet” security service and leading cyber security expert Carmi Gillon will sit down with Ofer Friedman, VP of marketing with AU10TIX, capping off a big first day with a fireside chat.
Here’s the full agenda for today:
- 7:30-8:45 a.m. — Breakfast (Atrium)
- 9-10 a.m. — Opening Remarks and Keynote “Fireside” Chat with Edward Snowden (Atrium)
- 10-10:30 a.m. — Coffee Break Presented by Capital One (Atrium)
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. — The Challenges of Big Data and Regulatory Compliance (Amphitheater)
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. — Identity as a Pillar in the Global Development Agenda: Efforts to Date and Future Directions (Atrium Ballroom B)
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. — Investing in Identity (Oceanic AB)
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. — Trends in Identity Management for the Modern Enterprise (Atrium Ballroom A)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. — The Business of Identity (Amphitheater)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. — Know Your Self (Oceanic AB)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. — National Identity Schemes: Contrasting Different Approaches and Progress (Atrium Ballroom A)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. — Implementing Indentity for All (Atrium Ballroom B)
- 12:15-1:15 p.m. — Lunch
- 1:15-1:15 p.m. — Trusted Digital Identity Networks: A Journey Towards Self-Sovereign Identity (Amphitheater)
- 2-2:45 p.m. — The [Unexpected] Business of Identity (Amphitheater)
- 2-2:45 p.m. — International Regulation of Identification in Financial Services: Key Differences and Trends (Atrium Ballroom B)
- 2-2:45 p.m. — Identity Verification: Demographic Challenges (Atrium Ballroom A)
- 2:45-3 p.m. — Coffee Break Presented by TransUnion (Atrium)
- 3-3:45 p.m. — Lessons Learned from Identity Verification in Emerging Markets (Oceanic AB)
- 3-3:45 p.m. — Who Owns Identity? A Conversation (Atrium Ballroom B)
- 3-3:45 p.m. — But Can You Have It All? Re-inventing the Privacy, Security, and User Experience Tradeoff (Amphitheater)
- 3-3:45 p.m. — Unlocking Value Through Attributes (Atrium Ballroom A)
- 4-5 p.m. — Fireside Chat with Carmi Gillon: Identity and Security (Atrium Hall)
- 5-6 p.m. — Happy Hour (Atrium)